Cyber Security Track
Network+, Security+ or Workplace Equivalent
CompTIA PenTest+ 2019 is the foundation of your IT career
CompTIA PenTest+ is a certification for intermediate level cybersecurity professionals who are tasked with penetration testing to identify, exploit, report, and manage vulnerabilities on a network.
PenTest+ assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks. Successful candidates will have the intermediate skills and best practices required to customize assessment frameworks to effectively collaborate on and report findings, and communicate recommended strategies to improve the overall state of IT security.
● Planning and Scoping Penetration Tests
● Conducting Passive Reconnaissance
● Performing Non-Technical Tests
● Conducting Active Reconnaissance
● Analyzing Vulnerabilities
● Penetrating Networks
● Exploiting Host-Based Vulnerabilities
● Testing Applications
● Completing Post-Exploit Tasks
● Analyzing and Reporting Pen Test Results